1. You spend 30 minutes crafting the ~perfect~ message.
Should I ask him how his day's going?? No, that'll sound too desperate. What if I just say 'hey'?
2. You look over the text with all 10 of your BFFs. before sending.
Guys, what should I text to Dude From Lauren's Party ??? Do you think this is good??
3. But you're STILL not sure, so you re-write it 15 more times, and then ask your guy friends to look it over.
IDK, maybe I should lose the smiley emoji?! No, no def keep the emoji.
4. You're finally happy with it, and hit send while you FREAK OUT.
OH GOD I SENT IT! HELP I CAN'T BREATHE.
5. And then you read it over and realize auto-correct totally misspelled something!
SERIOUSLY. How did iPhone think I meant to say "peeing" instead of "seeing"???
6. An hour goes by, and he still hasn't texted you back yet.
*Immediately text all your friends asking why he hasn't texted you back yet*
7. So you start freaking out—maybe you should have written "you" instead of "u"???
UGH I knew I shouldn't have listened to Brittany—I should have definitely stuck with the wink emoji. What was I thinking???
8. You check your phone every 5 minutes to see if he's finally texted.
Did you just hear my phone buzz? Wait, did my screen light up?! What if he texted me and I didn't get it because the service here is the worst!!!
9. At this point, you realize he basically hates you and never wants to speak to you again.
OK, that's it. It's time to accept my losses and move on. *Immediately text friends and invite them over to watch 'The Notebook' and dig into a pint of Ben & Jerry's*
10. But just as you're freaking out to your BFFs, your phone finally buzzes!!!
OMG. OMG. I GOT A REAL LIVE ACTUAL TEXT. *Please let it be from him. Please let it be from him.*
11. You open up the text, and it's from *him*!!!!
Lol, I KNEW he was going to text me—obvi he was just busy in class all day. SO excited to hang out at the game this weekend!!