1. The human eye can distinguish about 10 million colors.
2. The human eye can see about 500 shades of grey.
3. It is impossible to sneeze with the eyes open.But you can give it a try!
4. Did you know that the space between your eyebrows is called 'Nasion'?
5. We spend about 10% of our waking hours with our eyes closed - blinking.
6. And we blink about 12 times every minute.
7. Scientists have effectively used the game 'TETRIS' to treat 'lazy eye' in adults.
8. Your eyes CAN get sunburned, so be careful!!
9. Albert Einstein's eyes are in a safe-box in New York City.
10. People with blue eyes have higher alcohol tolerance.
11. Still on the subject, all blue-eyed people can be traced back to one person who lived near the Black Sea almost 10,000 years ago.
12. Black lemurs are thought to be the only primates, besides humans, to have blue eyes.
13. Goldfish cannot close their eyes. They have no eyelids.
14. An Ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
15. Chameleons can move their eyes in two directions at the same time.
16. Bees have...wait for it...FIVE eyes.
17. Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
18. A camel’s eyelashes can measure up to 4 inches to protect it from blowing sand and debris in the desert.
19. Cats have three eyelids
20. But enough about cute animal. Did you know that Night Vision Goggles are green because our eyes can distinguish more shades of green than any other color?
21. And that one of the most common eye-injuries is poking the eyeball with a mascara wand?
22. And that 'OMMATOPHOBIA' is the fear of eyes?